The Lancaster & York Trip is... an Amish Farm tour, Tangers Outlet shopping, an American "Fall Barn Party!", stay in an American's home, hear a special speaker in an American church.
Come join us for a fun weekend in Lancaster and York (not New York City) - September 23-24 -- Saturday 7am until Sunday 5pm.
1) Saturday 7am – Leave State College in a large comfortable coach bus.
2) Tour an Amish farm & house - click here
3) Shopping at Tangers Outlet - click here Or other options available for those who do not want to shop.
4) Outdoor Fall Party & dinner -- includes a bonfire, a ride in a hay filled wagon, games & singing and lots of good home-cooked food!
5) You will stay in an American home with an American family Saturday night.
6) On Sunday, we will go to church with your host family at Church of the Open Door, At the church we will have our own special session with Philip Wong, professor Pathology and Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His research focuses on understanding the molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease and ALS. He will share about his life in China under Japanese occupation and his escape to Canada.
7) The church will provide a lunch for us.
8) After lunch at the church we will take the bus back, arriving at PSU at about 5pm, Sunday afternoon.
Cost is $25 which includes transportation, admission to the Amish farm and all meals except lunch on Saturday. Register online, below.
Sorry, no children under 12 years old. Please contact Sue Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
You can - TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE. Or copy/paste link below into a web browser. You can share this Registration Link with other students. Johnston
If you have any questions, contact Sue Johnston email@example.com